Head of Marketing
Contract | £476 - £550 per day | City | England | 29.11.17
Black Swan Group have been engaged on a sole agency basis to source for a Head of Marketing to join a professional and forward-thinking Insurance business in the city.
The Marketing team is responsible for creating a clear brand proposition and ensuring this is delivered consistently and embedded across all internal and external communications. The team works closely with key stakeholders including Senior Management, Strategy, Business Development, Underwriting and Claims.
- Support the business leadership teams in driving a clearly defined business marketing strategy.
- Develop plans that engage at a regional, domestic and global scale - understanding the geographical marketing, media and communication platforms.
- Partnering and helping drive (and influence) key board discussions with detailed insurance knowledge, client mapping and analysis.
- Define the budget and resource allocation required to deliver the marketing strategy and tactics.
- Measuring the outcomes of marketing initiatives against budgets, identifying key measures of success and adapting strategy in line with outcomes of market and client segmentation analysis.
- Analysing the results of all marketing activity and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Conduct a formal review of the external agency partners in-line with an agreed Marketing Strategy and ensure this plan is embedded within the business.
- Planning the external communications strategy.
- Managing and communicating our external market research in conjunction with senior management stakeholders.
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the importance of legal and regulatory frameworks as these impact the relevant activities
- Strong, well evidenced background in senior leadership / board level strategy, planning and analysis marketing
- Excellent experience in initiating, creating and driving above the line and below the line creative campaigns - from leading value proposition workshops with the business through to message development and implementation of campaigns
- Ability to project prioritise around core strategic business objectives
- Experience of strategic planning across marketing, media and communication channels (including strong digital strategic knowledge)
- Demonstrable experience of acquisition and retention marketing strategy development in an insurance environment
- Good experience of agency supply management - working across multi-agencies to help develop core campaign work
- Management of industry strategic partnerships - initiating, driving and implementing key business strategic agreements
- Strategic value proposition development - experience of working with senior business leaders to develop Go to Market Strategy against divisional level business objectives
- Clear understanding of marketing regulatory requirements and operations process management - including marketing preferences, client communications mandatory (including on boarding marketing) and regulatory frameworks.
- Understanding of CRM strategic divisional engagement requirements and the link to strategic planning
- Excellent skill set in data and research management - linked to segmentation analysis
- Experience in developing messaging platforms at a divisional and product level, influencing business strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a diverse audience - internal and external
- Strong experience of client content engagement strategy - managing custom publisher agreements, developing theme based quarterly plans and aligning this to the client needs
- Commercial minded approach to marketing - driving clear strategic budget priorities linked to clear ROI goals
- Creative skill set and a good understanding of brand management
- Initiate employee engagement channels to ensure strategic marketing plans are embraced across a division
- Experience of working across both domestic and global client audiences, tailoring marketing strategies accordingly
- Previous experience of board level engagement
- Ability to support the global marketing leadership team in driving the wider strategic vision and purpose
- Strong experience delivering successfully in a matrix management
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and implement change through the team
- Inspire and lead through empowerment and motivation
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Be able to work collaboratively as a wider leadership marketing team
- Can do, proactive approach
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please do get in touch to have a confidential conversation. The client will be open to considering candidates from both a temporary and a permanent basis.
Login to Apply
Login to Apply
Register to Apply
Register to Apply
Assistant Property Governance and Insurance Manager London (All) | England | £26000 - £42000 per annumView
Risk Manager London (All) | England | £70000 - £112000 per annumView
Compliance Generalist - Multi Asset, Global Hedge Fund London (All) | England | £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + BonusView