Junior Product Manager
Permanent | £32000 - £35000 per annum | City | England | 12.10.17
Black Swan Group have been engaged to source for a Junior Product Manager for a leading Inter-dealer broker. This role would suit someone with sound awareness and passion for asset classes and products. The role will partner directly with the Product development and Technology teams to ensure they are one step ahead of competitors. This intermediary business provides innovative products and services to enable their clients to transact with confidence ensuring the flow of capital and commodities around the world.
This role isn't a sales position and would not involve direct selling, it would suit someone who has a passion for products who would enjoy a client facing account management position.
The role would involve the following:
- Partnering with teams internally to establish a credible strategy to deliver those goals.
- Understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within a particular asset class and work on credible strategies to ensure long term growth.
- Support the product managers to produce, managing and delivering the product roadmap.
- Manage product change priority lists across multiple technologies and define and manage project scope associated with the product area.
- Communicate product vision and roadmap internally, ensuring these are aligned with the overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop business cases to investigate, challenge and design new projects/initiatives.
- Learn how to manage product change priority lists across multiple technologies and define and manage project scope associated with the product area.
- Provide consultancy input and oversight to ongoing projects which are being implemented by project management team.
- Liaise with client services and market admin teams to ensure systems are correctly configured to meet business demands.
- UAT - Review interim software builds on behalf of end customers.
- Provide creative input to product/system design for on-going work
- Present new ideas back within the team to demonstrate understanding of the product/asset class
- Recommend product solutions to business users providing support and guidance in the usage of the systems.
- Liaise with customers regarding electronic platform implementations and use.
- Support and build relationships with the Sales and Market Admin teams.
- Start to learn how to develop long term strategic relationships with clients.
- Learn the overall structure of financial markets, and start to understand the micro structure of the markets relevant to particular asset classes
- Understand how regulatory changes that may impact product area. Provide associated recommendations.
- Work with the Product Managers to conduct regular competitor, customer and market landscape analysis.
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent communicator with good written and verbal skills.
- Good presentations skills with and outgoing and engaging personality
- Confident in making new and existing relationships.
- Genuine interest in the industry - able to show some knowledge of market structure and associated products.
- Enthusiastic and quick to learn about new products and processes.
- Takes ownership of issues and works on their own initiative.
- A willingness to work with and use technology both existing and new.
- Self-motivates and prioritise effectively. Enjoys being accountable for specific deliveries and goals, both team and individual.
- Strong A' levels and/or degree educated.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please feel free to send your CV through to the advert and call me to discuss further.